Transakt is a mobile app developed by Entersekt that provides banking-grade multifactor authentication via your mobile device. Transakt adds a second authentication layer to your LastPass account, allowing you to approve your login by responding to a simple Accept or Reject prompt directly on your smartphone or tablet.
With the ever-increasing number of online and mobile accounts amongst today's consumers, attacks are at an all-time high as advanced technology capabilities are used to steal valuable information and personal data. Transakt protects you against threats such as phishing, man-in-the-middle, man-in the-browser, and replay attacks. It’s free to install and a snap to configure for use with LastPass.
Getting Started with Transakt
After you have completed the LastPass installation, do the following:
- On your mobile phone or tablet, go to gettransakt.com.
- Install the Transakt app.
- On your computer, go to My LastPass Vault and log in using your email address and your LastPass master password.
- From the Actions menu, click Settings.
- Click the Multifactor Options tab and select Transakt.
- From the Transakt Authentication list, select Enabled. A popup screen displays a unique sign-up code:
- Open the Transakt app.
- In the Introduction screen, click Let’s begin. In the Transakt Signup screen, do either of the following:
Click Scan code and scan the code displayed on your computer screen.
Click Enter code and type in the eight-digit code.
- On your computer, click OK when you receive the message that Transakt authentication has been successfully set up.
- On the Multifactor Options page, click Update.
- When prompted, enter your LastPass master password.
- Log out of LastPass. The next time that you log in to LastPass, an authentication request will be sent to your Transakt app and you can simply click Accept.